Apply for Grants
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) 2017 grant cycle is now open!
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) is now accepting grant applications for the 2017 grant cycle from qualified 501(c)(3) organizations in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley area. The AACF awards grants for public charitable purposes to a variety of organizations: from social services to mentoring and education, from health & wellness to the arts.
Typically amounts awarded are between $500 - $1,000. In the 2016 grants cycle, AACF awarded over $11,000 to local non-profits. To commemorate its 25th Anniversary, the fund will award approximately $15,000 in grants for 2017. The size and number of grants is determined by the amount of money available each year. The first step in the grant application process is to submit a Letter-of-Intent (LOI). Access this year's LOI below.
To be Eligible for a Grant, Your Organization Must:
- be recognized as a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, according to the Internal Revenue Code;
- benefit the citizens in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley region;
- have a diversity/inclusion policy; and
- address needs that are not fully met by existing organizational or community resources.
We Generally Fund Projects that:
- provide for more efficient use of community resources;
- promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations;
- promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs; or
- expand an existing project or initiative.
Examples of Funded Grants:
- Hard goods (equipment, clothing, school supplies);
- Youth programming;
- Educational efforts;
- Marketing of new services and programs;
- Cultural events & initiatives;
- Homeless outreach and support; and Diversity projects.
What We Generally Do Not Fund:
- General organizational operations;
- Annual fundraising drives;
- Scholarships and travel grants; and
- Endowment funds.