Apply for Grants
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) 2018 Grant Cycle is now closed! Please check back in the spring for the 2019 Grant Cycle dates.
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) awards grants for public charitable purposes to a variety of organizations: from social services to mentoring and education, from health & wellness to the arts.
Typically amounts awarded are between $500 - $1,000. In the 2017 grants cycle, AACF awarded over $14,000 to local non-profits. The size and number of grants is determined by the amount of money available each year. The first step in the grant application process is to submit a Letter-of-Intent (LOI). Access this year's LOI below.
To be Eligible for a Grant, Your Organization Must:
- be recognized as a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, according to the Internal Revenue Code;
- benefit the citizens in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley region;
- have a diversity/inclusion policy; and
- address needs that are not fully met by existing organizational or community resources.
We Generally Fund Projects that:
- provide for more efficient use of community resources;
- promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations;
- promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs; or
- expand an existing project or initiative.
Examples of Funded Grants:
- Hard goods (equipment, clothing, school supplies);
- Youth programming;
- Educational efforts;
- Marketing of new services and programs;
- Cultural events & initiatives;
- Homeless outreach and support; and Diversity projects.
What We Generally Do Not Fund:
- General organizational operations;
- Annual fundraising drives;
- Scholarships and travel grants; and
- Endowment funds.